1948 TRUSTY 6
1950 Trusty 6
Owner: Brian W Carter from Knutsford, Cheshire.
This tractor was produced at Barnet, Herts by Tractor London.14,000 of the certain model were made but were fitted with various engines to suit customers needs.
This example is fitted with a 633cc Norton Big 4 Industrial engine. The tractor drives through a centrifugal clutch.
The Trusty 2-wheeled tractor was built from 1933 to the late 1950s. The basic design was the same but numerous upgrades changes occurred. The basic design had a front mounted engine driving a pair of wheels (all steel on early models and pneumatic tyred option on latter models).
All machines had a centrifugal clutch drive from the engine, with individual dog clutches on each wheel to disengage drive for turning. The early Trustys were single-speed machines, powered by a 5hp JAP engine. Some later versions had 3-speed gearbox which could be used as well as the optional reverse gearbox. These were powered by either JAP 5hp, Douglas 8hp or Norton 14hp engines (as shown above). During the war years, it seems a few were fitted with imported Briggs & Stratton engines.
A range of attachments (Tools) were offered for most tasks. You could buy attachments for, including disc harrows, ploughing, rollers, sawbench, self-lift toolframes, and even a ride-on seat,mounted on a 2-wheeled bogey aswell as a trailer. The tractor above can be seen with the bogey seat attachment fitted.