Sunday 30th October 2011
The Main Agenda for the meeting was:
Welcome by the Chairman Peter Godwin
Apologies for absence
To confirm minutes of the last AGM held on Saturday 27th November 2010
At Ben Craig Vintage Centre, Vale of Belvoir
Matters Arising from Minutes
Chairman’s Peter Godwin
Treasurer’s Bob Duke
Peter Godwin is resigning as chairman (but remains on the committee)
Bob Duke (Treasurer)
Wendy Gibson (Joint Show Co-ordinator)
Election of Officers:
Chairman: Patrick Pawsey,
Treasurer: Jane Broomhall
Website: Graeme Clark (Ernie)
Committee member: Simon Smart
Any Other Business
The meeting was very informative and positive with comments & views comming from the members attending and being answered by the committee. A number of good ideas and views from the members were noted and have been placed into the agenda's for the next and future commitee meetings.
Commitee Meetings Summary for 2012
Bullet points of the last meeting, held on 11th February:-
The meeting commenced with a presentation by David Castel (Chairman) The Cambridgeshire Steam Rally & Country Fayre, together with Vanda Parcell (Secretary) and Ray her husband regarding this year’s FFA Expo VIIII at Swavesey. Please see this site and the magazine for details and entry forms.
The committee meeting then commenced:
- Roger Ingham had offered his resignation due to ill health. He has made a valuable contribution
- to the Association as Director of Ploughing and our thanks to him were recorded.
- Possible sites for this year’s AGM venue were put forward. However if any members have suggestions for a suitable venue please contact me a.s.a.p.
- Area Reps - a current list was requested and all Reps are to be contacted shortly. The subject of expenses for Reps was raised but as committee members do not claim expenses and funds are limited, the matter was deferred.
- The 2011Newark Vintage Tractor & Heritage Show had been a success and this year’s attendance was discussed.
- The Chairman reported that there had had been a positive meeting with Kelsey on 14th December, instigated by PL, with Phil Weeden, Kelsey’s Editorial Director. Simon Smart and Rodney Gibson had accompanied him.
- Treasurer’s report: Jane Broomhall who has taken over from Bob Duke reported that we had received 167 memberships since Malvern 2011.
- This was followed by a discussion of upcoming shows were FFA would be present, these will be listed on the website.
- The merchandising will now be run by Rodney and Wendy Gibson supported by Ernie.
- Ernie has created a splendid website receiving some 2000 ‘hits’ a month.